The General Nature of the Objectives and Purposes of this Association:
- To unite in a common cause all law enforcement agencies utilizing the services of the canine as an aid in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To promote friendship and brotherhood between all those interested in the training and utilization of the canine in police work.
- To endeavor to establish a minimum working standard, and improve the abilities of the canine in police work, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To establish and maintain a legal assistance fund for acts resulting in civil suits from the use of police trained canines.
- To coordinate the exchange of any advanced techniques of training of the utilization of police dogs.
- To improve the image of the working police dog to the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective departments.