Hall of Fame
United States Police Canine Association
Hall of Fame
REGION 1 Hall of Fame! Region 1 is beginning a Hall of Fame for prior and current Region 1 members both handlers and judges. The nomination process and qualifications are as follows:
Qualifications to be considered for induction
Nomination must be submitted by current member of the Region
- Length of time as a member of Region One.
- Length of time as a handler in Region One
- Length of time as a trainer in Region One.
- Level as a trainer 1,2 or 3
- Length of time member has been a Regional Detector Judge
- Length of time member has been a National Detector Judge
- Length of time member has been a Regional Patrol Judge
- Length of time member has been a National Patrol Judge.
- Number of years member certified his/her K9(s) in Region One
- Number of years member certified at National Patrol Trials
- Number of years member certified at National Detector Trials
- Number of years member has been judging at Region One Trials
- Number of years member has been judging at National Trials.
- Any offices held in Region 1
- Number of years if any that member has served on Region board.
- Any offices if any that member has served on a National Level.
- Number of years person has served on National board.
- Any honors that member has received from the USPCA
i.e. Ted Hirsch Memorial Award,Regional Detector/Patrol Case of the Quarter
National Detector/Patrol Case of the Quarter, National Detector/Patrol Case of
Please write a short essay as to the members qualifications to enter the USPCA
Region 1 K9 Hall of Fame. Include background information on the member that you think needs to be considered and why you think he/she deserves to be inducted.
All submissions should be typed for ease of reading by the committee and sent to
Captain Jim Nichols, Punta Gorda Police Department, 1410 Tamiami Trail
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950.
Deadline for submissions will be Thursday February 1, 2018 at 8:00AM.
Any submissions after this date and time will not be considered this year.
An independent panel will review the nominations and select TWO applicants per year to be inducted into the Region 1 Hall of Fame! All other remaining applicants will remain in the pool and considered again the following year. If the nominating member wishes to ADD information for the person they nominated (if the nominee is still active in the USPCA), then additional information may be submitted prior to the next panel review for selection. New inductees will be honored during the banquet at each Region 1 Field Trial.